J. K. McInnis Lumber Co. (1907-1909)

Ingram-Day Lumber Co. (1909-1910)

Standard gauge, 25-lb rail

Headquarters: Hattiesburg, MS

Mill Location: Hickory, MS (Newton County)

Mill Capacity: 0,000 ft/day 

Years of Operation: 1907-1910

Miles Operated: 6 miles

Locomotives Owned: 1

Other Equipment:

4 log cars


Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

In early 1907 Joe K. McInnis, of Hattiesburg, MS, built a sawmill and logging railroad at Hickory, Newton County. The financial backer of this operation was the Ingram-Day Lumber Company, of Lyman, MS. Around 1908 McInnis got into financial trouble and in August 1909 the Ingram-Day Lumber Company took over the operation.

 On June 1, 1910 The Ingram-Day Lumber Company sold the Hooks timber to E. J. Gallagher, of Meridian, Miss. About the same time the McInnis mill was leased to W. B. Hooks, of Forest, MS. Hooks and Gallagher continued the operation in partnership.



















ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

1                    0-4-2T             Davenport                  622           4-1907           10x14                    

                      Purchased new. Named "Joe K." Cost $3,146.85.

                      Repossessed by Davenport Locomotive Works for non-payment.

                      Resold to Ingram-Day Lumber Co., on 8-4-09. Cost $1,525.09.

                      Sold to C. E. Mayerhoff, Pachuta, MS; to Southern Iron & Equipment Co. #1328, Atlanta, GA; to Jahncke Ship Building       Co., New Orleans, LA, on 7-1-18.






                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           



For more information contact Tony Howe at tonyhowe76@yahoo.com or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net