by Gil Hoffman:
Waterford Lumber Company was incorporated at Boyce, Wayne County on March
23, 1911 by J. G. Gray, of Boyce; C. H. Poythress, of Meridian, and J. A.
McCain, of Meridian, with authorized capital stock of $30,000. The property
of the J. W. Odom Lumber Company, at Boyce, was purchased by J. A. McCain at
foreclosure sale on February 14, 1911 and conveyed to the Waterford Lumber
Company on May 12, 1911.
|ROSTER by Gil Hoffman:
1 Class B
Purchased from Southern Iron & Equipment Co. #1334, Atlanta, GA, on
12-10-1919. Cost $6,500 with $3,000 allowed in trade on two Shays.
Original ownership unknown; to Joseph E. Bowen, Norfolk, VA (dealer); to
Southern Iron & Equipment Co. #807, Atlanta, GA; to West Virginia Pulp
& Paper Co. #6, Cass, W. Va., on 4-29-1912, renumb. #1; to Southern
Iron & Equipment Co. #1334. Sold to J. T. McKinnon, Beatrice Spur, MS,
2 2T Shay
Purchased from J. W. Odom Lumber Co., Waynesboro, MS, on 5-12-1911.
Built as Eastman, Gardiner & Co. #2, Laurel, MS, renumb. #52; to J. W.
Odom Lumber Co., Waynesboro, MS. Traded to Southern Iron & Equipment
Co. #1512, Atlanta, GA, on 12-10-1919 as partial payment on #1; to
Thistlethwaite Lumber Co. #3, Washington, LA, on 1-15-1920, transferred to
Opelousas, LA, on 8-25-1924.
3 2T Shay
Purchased secondhand in 1913. Built as Kaupp Lumber Co. #2, Shubuta,
MS; to West-King Lumber Co., Waynesboro, MS, by 8-1907. Traded to Southern
Iron & Equipment Co. #1513, Atlanta, GA, on 12-10-1919 as partial
payment on #1; to Nortac Manufacturing Co. #1, Nortac, MS, on 1-14-1920;
to Batson-McGehee Co. #1, Millard, MS (rented from about 8-1924 to about
4-1-1925); to Gulf Pine Lumber Co. #1726, Poplarville, MS; to D. L. Fair
Lumber Co. #1, Louisville, MS, in 8-1928, changed to 36-inch gauge; to
Bissell-Alabama Lumber Co. #1, Castleberry, AL, about 4-1930, changed back
to standard gauge.