HISTORY by Tony Howe:
Stevens was the junction of Gilchrist-Forney
Co.'s logging railroad from 1908 to 1915 and was named for their logging
superintendent, Frank J. Stevens. In 1917, the Geo.
W. Fouke Lumber Co. relaid track on the old Gilchrist-Fordney Co. grade
to their new sawmill being built at Fouke. This railroad was called the Mississippi
& Western RR. It lasted until the mill cut out in 1932.
INDUSTRY (per Dun & Bradstreet)-