HISTORY by Tony Howe:
A post office was reportedly first built here in 1885. When the MJ&KC
was built in 1905, a depot was constructed here and called Roberts for the
largest family here who operated a sawmill. In 1943 the GM&O had a
60-car siding here, which was shortened to 30 cars by 1955.
INDUSTRY (per Dun & Bradstreet)-