HISTORY by Tony Howe:
Picayune first appeared in railroad timetables as a flag stop in December
1889. A post office was first established in 1895 and was originally spelled "Pickayune",
and the town officially incorporated in 1904. A railroad siding 140 cars
long was first shown in the 6-15-1902 employee timetable.
Picayune Lumber Co.- 1903-1904
J. H. Stevens- 1904-1905
Alliance Lumber & Manufacturing Co.-
Rosa Lumber Co.- 1904-1926
Goodyear Yellow Pine Co.
Crosby Forest Products- 1950-?