HISTORY by Tony Howe:
Nortac was established in early 1917 when the Jordan-Spottswood Lumber
Co. built a sawmill here and named it Nortac Manufacturing Co. Nortac came
from the name Catron spelled backwards. Catron was one of the owners of the
mill site. A post office opened here in July 1917 when the mill started. The
sawmill cut out in 1922 and the post office closed the following year.
Nortac Manufacturing Co.- 1917-1922