HISTORY by Tony Howe:
Jeff was established in 1905 when the MJ&KC was built through here
and was supposedly named for a conductor named Jefferies. It was the
junction with the branch line to Decatur. When the main line was rerouted
through Decatur, the old main line was abandoned and Jeff became nothing
more than a passing track. In 1943 the siding was one of the longest between
Union and Laurel with a capacity of 90 cars.
INDUSTRY (per Dun & Bradstreet)-