HISTORY by Tony Howe:
The location was originally called Tay and was named for Thomas Taylor of
Mobile, AL, who owned the Big Creek Lumber Co. that built a sawmill here in
March 1911. By 1916 a canning plant was in operation on the site and this
location was called Isabelle.
Big Creek Lumber Co. 1911-?
canning plant here in 1916
Taylor Veneer Mill- 1949-ca1995