HISTORY by Tony Howe:
Concord was a station on the Yazoo & Mississippi Valley RR on the
northeast side of Natchez. It was named for the large mansion built nearby
in 1789 by the Spanish Governor of this area, Carlos de Grand Pre. The house
burned in 1901, leaving only the staircase and brick service wing standing.
See article on the house here.
The railroad had a flag stop here. It was also the location of the Concord
Brick Co. and a large meat packing plant. Later, Armstrong Tire & Rubber
Co. built a large tire manufacturing plant on the site of the brick
Concord Brick Co.- Incorporated 9-12-1902.
Armstrong Tire & Rubber Co.- 1938-1998 sold to Titan Tire Co., closed
2001. See article with photos here.
Natchez Dressed Beef Co.- Incorp. 12-18-1929, but operated 1904 to 1950.
Owned by R. Lee Parker.