Scranton & Pascagoula Railroad

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: Pascagoula, MS (Jackson County)

Years of Operation: 1898-1900

Predecessor road: Moss Point & Pascagoula 

Successor road: none 

Miles Operated: 2

Locomotives Owned

Equipment

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Tony Howe:

The Moss Point & Pascagoula Railroad sold the south 2 miles of its railroad extending from a connection with the L&N east of the L&N depot southward to the beach at Pascagoula along what is now Market Street to Joseph Wells in 1898, who operated it as the Scranton & Pascagoula Railroad for 2 years before it was abandoned in 1900. It was locally referred to as the "Pascagoula Dummy." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                          

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS

Hit Counter

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad.