St. Louis-San Francisco Railway 

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: St. Louis, Mo.

Years of Operation: 1928-1980

Predecessor Roads

Kansas City, Memphis & Birmingham RR

Successor Roads: Burlington Northern

Miles Operated: 

Locomotives Owned: 

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

The St. Louis-San Francisco was originally organized in 1876 in Missouri. The Kansas City, Memphis & Birmingham Railroad was officially merged into the St. Louis-San Francisco in 1928. The Frisco was acquired by Burlington Northern on November 21, 1980.

 

Frisco 4-6-4 No. 1069 at an unknown location (probably not Mississippi).

SLSF Baldwin switcher 232 at Amory, MS on August 7, 1962.

Frisco depot at Byhalia, MS in 1954.

Frisco depot at Holly Springs, MS in 1976.

Frisco passenger station in New Albany, MS on July 26, 1964.

Frisco had this classic wood depot at Potts Camp, MS.

Depot in Olive Branch, MS in 1954.

Passenger depot in the division-point terminal of Amory, MS circa 1918.

Frisco depot in Columbus, MS in 1979.

Union station in Tupelo, Miss. served both the Frisco and the M&O railroads.

Frisco f-units at Mobile, AL about 1968. 

Frisco 44-tonner at Mobile was used to switch industrial trackage on Pinto Island reached via a car ferry.

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

Hit Counter

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2009 Mississippi Rails