Rosedale & Mississippi Valley Central Railroad

unk gauge

Headquarters: Rosedale, MS ( County)

Years of Operation: 1891-1899

Predecessor road: none 

Successor road: Y&MV 

Miles Operated: 6.28

Locomotives Owned: ?

Equipment

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by  Tony Howe:

The Rosedale & Mississippi Valley Central was incorporated on February 22, 1890, reorganized in 1898. The railroad completed 6.5 miles of track from Rosedale to Phalia. It was sold to the Yazoo & Mississippi Valley on Sept. 16, 1899. Y&MV extended it eastward to connect with the Boyle & Sunflower River Railroad near Lake Kimball. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                          

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS

Hit Counter

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad.