Pine Hill Lumber Co.

36" gauge, wood rail

Headquarters

Mill Location: Wautubbee, MS (Clarke County)

                          part of Section 10 T3N R14E

Mill Capacity: 0,000 ft/day 

Years of Operation: 1902-1910

Miles Operated

Locomotives Owned: 1

Other Equipment:

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

The Pine Hill Lumber Company was originally a partnership composed of W. F. Tibbetts, L. A. Tibbetts and J. M. Caldwell. The company began buying timber near Wautubbee, Clarke County in August 1902. A sawmill was built at Wautubbee which included a planing mill and dry kilns. On August 20, 1907, The Pine Hill Lumber Company was incorporated at Wautubbee by H. B. McGarrah, of Reynoldsville, PA, and James O. Craig, of Sligo, PA, with authorized capital stock of $30,000. H. B. McGarrah was president and F. D. Smith, secretary.

On April 23, 1910, the sawmill and timber holdings were sold to J. M. Broach and W. O. Chipman, of Meridian, Lauderdale County, who operated the property as the B. C. Lumber Company.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

5                  2T Shay         Lima                        1607                    11-1905                   22                    2-6x10                     23000

               Purchased new.

Sold to B. C. Lumber Co., Wautubbee, MS, on 4-23-10; to Bostick Brothers, Wautubbee, MS, on 11-12-12; to Ruby Lumber Co., Wautubbee, MS, on 3-14-13; to John Lindsey Lumber Co. #2, Laurel, MS; to Southern Iron & Equipment Co. #1349, Atlanta, GA, on 8-24-18; to Gulf Naval Stores (United Fruit Co.), New Orleans, LA, on 3-19-19.

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at tonyhowe76@yahoo.com or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net