Pike County Lumber Co.

? gauge, -lb rail


Mill Location: Lexie, MS (Walthall County)

Mill Capacity: 65,000 ft/day 

Years of Operation: 1909-1911

Miles Operated

Locomotives Owned




Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

The Pike County Lumber Company was incorporated at Lexie, Pike County on December 2, 1909, by F. H. Cline, A. W. Cline, R. P. Holmes and R. S. Holmes, all of Hattiesburg, with authorized capital stock of $150,000. The incorporators were all members of the Cline-Holmes Lumber Company, of Hattiesburg. On January 15, 1910 the company placed its new 65,000 feet daily capacity sawmill in operation. This mill was located on the Tylertown Branch of the New Orleans Great Northern Railroad at Lexie, Pike County. A dry kiln and several miles of logging railroad were also built. In connection with this mill, the company owned 60,000,000 feet of virgin longleaf yellow pine timber. According to the Mercantile Agency Reference Book, the mill remained in operation through 1911.

 Officers of the company were F. H. Cline, president; R. P. Holmes, secretary and treasurer, and Otho Harpe, sales manager with office in Hattiesburg.




















ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

   No data.





                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           




For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net