Standard gauge, 25 and 30-lb rail
Mill Location: Beech Spur (N Ellisville), MS (Jones County)
Mill Capacity: 25,000 ft/day
Years of Operation: 1911-1913
Miles Operated: 2 miles
Locomotives Owned: 1
Click Map for Larger Version
by Gil Hoffman:
The Perry-Fraser Lumber Company was incorporated at Ellisville, Jones
County on November 10, 1911 by W. B. Perry, of Hattiesburg; R. B. Fraser, of
Ellisville, and R. N. Davis, of Biloxi, with authorized capital stock of
$10,000. Company officers were: W. B. Perry, president; R. N. Davis, vice
president, and R. B. Fraser, secretary and treasurer. About August 1911 a
circular sawmill was purchased from A. D. Anderson, located on the New
Orleans & Northeastern Railroad, about a mile northeast of Ellisville.
Several million feet of longleaf yellow pine were also purchased. About
January 1912 a new Filer & Stowell single band mill with a cutting
capacity of 25,000 feet per day was placed in operation, replacing the old
Anderson mill. The financial backer of the operation was R. N. Davis.
The mill cut out in 1913.