Minter City, Southern & Western Railroad

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: Minter City, MS

Years of Operation: 1904-1932

Predecessor Roads: Hoyt & Woodin Mfg. Co..

Successor Roads: Yazoo & Mississippi Valley 

Miles Operated:  6.04

Locomotives Owned: 

Equipment:

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Tony Howe:

The Minter City, Southern & Western Railroad was incorporated on __, and took over the railroad operated by Hoyt & Woodin Mfg. Co. The MCS&W was operated as a subsidiary of the Y&MV. Primary traffic for the railroad was from several sawmills operating west of Minter City, as well as a cotton gin at Avant's.  The ICC gave its approval to abandon the MCS&W on Dec. 5, 1932. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2009 Mississippi Rails