K. & M. Lumber Co.

Standard gauge, 35-lb rail

Headquarters: DeKalb, MS

Mill Location: DeKalb, MS (Kemper County)

Mill Capacity: 0,000 ft/day 

Years of Operation: 1930-1934

Miles Operated: 12 miles

Locomotives Owned: 2

Other Equipment:



Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

The K. & M. Lumber Company was incorporated at DeKalb, Kemper County, on November 5, 1930 by S. M. Thomasson, of Porterville; S. O. Knudson, of Chicago, Illinois, and H. C. Beelman, also of Chicago, Illinois, with authorized capital stock of $150,000. Plant facilities consisted of a circular sawmill, dry kiln and planing mill. On June 9, 1930 a five acre mill site was leased from S. H. Jones for five years in the town of DeKalb, on the DeKalb & Western Railroad near the depot. The rental was $25 per month. In August 1934 the sawmill and railroad logging equipment were advertised for sale.




















ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

2 geared locomotives





                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           



For more information contact Tony Howe at tonyhowe76@yahoo.com or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net