Jackson & Brandon Railroad & Bridge Co.

5' Gauge

Headquarters

Years of Operation: 1850-1852

Predecessor Roads: none

Successor Roads: Southern RR of Mississippi

Miles Operated: 13

Locomotives Owned: 

Equipment:

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Tony Howe:

The Jackson & Brandon Railroad & Bridge Co. was chartered on February 5, 1836, and built a railroad from Jackson to Brandon between 1841 and 1849. It became part of the Southern Railroad of Mississippi in 1857.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

Hit Counter

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2009 Mississippi Rails