Standard gauge, 60-lb rail
Mill Location: Tuckers Crossing, MS (Jones County)
Mill Capacity: 0,000 ft/day
Years of Operation: 1927-1929
Miles Operated: 8 miles
Locomotives Owned: 1
See also: Jones County
Click Map for Larger Version
by Gil Hoffman:
J. B. Hogue & Company, of Laurel, Mississippi, succeeded the Wells
Hardwood Company, at Tuckers Crossing, Jones County, in April 1927. The
company operated at hardwood band mill on the Gulf, Mobile & Northern
Railroad at Tuckers Crossing. The company office was at 1204 North 2nd
Avenue, in Laurel, and the general manager was J. B. Hogue.
In early 1929 the mill burned and was not rebuilt. By April 1929 all
rails had been taken up and the logging equipment stored.
|ROSTER by Gil Hoffman:
4 2T Shay Lima
Purchased from Wells Hardwood Co. #4, Tuckers Crossing, MS, in 4-1927.
Built as John H. Keiser Lumber Co. #1, Eau Claire, WI; to Kola Lumber Co.,
Kola, MS, by 4-1920; to Simpson County Lumber Co. #1, Strengthford, MS; to
Stover Lumber Co. #1, Strengthford, MS, on 1-12-24; to Wells Hardwood Co.
#4, Tuckers Crossing, MS, about 5-1926.