Clinton & Vicksburg

5' Gauge

Headquarters: Vicksburg, MS

Years of Operation: 1836-1850

Predecessor Roads:  none

Successor Roads: Vicksburg & Jackson

Miles Operated: 35

Locomotives Owned: 

Equipment

 

Click Map for Larger Version

The Clinton & Vicksburg Railroad was chartered on December 31, 1831, and was owned by the Commercial & Railroad Bank of Vicksburg.  The railroad was completed and opened in 1836.  The Clinton & Vicksburg was reorganized in 1850 as the Vicksburg & Jackson.

 

For more information:

http://www.nchgs.org/transportation/A&VRR/#_ftn1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2009 Mississippi Rails