Canton, Aberdeen & Nashville

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: 

Years of Operation: 1884-

Predecessor Roads: Canton, Kosciusko, Aberdeen & Tuscumbia Railroad

Successor Roads: Illinois Central

Miles Operated: 

Route: Durant to Aberdeen; Winfiled to Brilliant, AL

Locomotives Owned: 

Equipment

 

Click Map for Larger Version

The Canton, Aberdeen & Nashville was incorporated on February 17, 1882, as a subsidiary of the Illinois Central to acquire the branch already built in 1874 from Durant to Kosciusko and extend it to Aberdeen and eventually to Nashville, TN. It was completed as far as Aberdeen in 1888. A short disconnected section was also built from Winfield to Brilliant, AL to serve several coal mines.  
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2009 Mississippi Rails