Brimstone Railroad & Canal Co.

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: 

Years of Operation: 1905-1931

Predecessor Roads: Union Sulphur Co.

Successor Roads: 

Miles Operated: 7.39 miles in 1917

Locomotives Owned: 

Equipment

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

HISTORY by Tony Howe:

The Brimstone Railroad & Canal Co. was incorporated on August 25, 1905 by the Union Sulphur Co. and acquired the railroad built by them running from Brimstone Jct. to Sulphur Mine. This railroad was extended to Lockport Jct. in 1905-06. The railroad ceased operation in 1931. 

A history of sulphur production in Louisiana can be found at http://ereserves.mcneese.edu/depts/archive/FTBooks/lynn.htm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ROSTER by Gil Hoffman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at tonyhowe76@yahoo.com or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net