Little River Lumber Co.

Boston & Little River Railway

Standard gauge, -lb rail

Headquarters: St. Louis, Mo.

Mill Location: Selma, LA (Grant Parish)

Mill Capacity: 60,000 ft/day in 1907

Years of Operation: ?-1906-1909

Miles Operated: 9.5 miles in 1906

Locomotives Owned: 3 in 1906

Other Equipment:

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Tony Howe:

Little River Lumber Co. had a mill in operation at Selma, La. by 1906. They called their railroad at that location the Boston & Little River Railway. The 1906 Official Guide entry lists the railroad as running from Selma to Boston (2 miles), Pennington (5 miles), and Eden (9 miles). The company also had a mill and logging railroad at Manistee, La. Louisiana Railroad Commission approved abandonment of the railroad on January 27, 1909.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at tonyhowe76@yahoo.com or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2013 Mississippi Rails