Bastrop Saw Mill Co. 1911-

Bastrop & Lake Providence Railway 1911-

Standard gauge, -lb rail

Headquarters

Mill Location: Bastrop, LA 

Mill Capacity: 30,000 ft/day 

Years of Operation: 1911-?

Miles Operated: 8 in 1917

Locomotives Owned: unk

Other Equipment:

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Tony Howe:

Bastrop Saw Mill Co. bought a large tract of timber from J. H. Allen on December 19, 1910 and was incorporated on February 27, 1911 and had a sawmill in operation at Bastrop, La. by 1912. They chartered their logging railroad as the Bastrop & Lake Providence Railway on the same day. It was also listed as being incorporated again on April 10, 1922. The railroad ran east from Bastrop and was reported as 8 miles long by 1917. The mill possibly was sold to Sterling Lumber Co. in 1912, which was owned by J. H. Allen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at tonyhowe76@yahoo.com or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2013 Mississippi Rails