Anderson Lumber Co.

Standard gauge, 36-lb rail

Headquarters: Ellisville

Mill Location: Beech Spur (N Ellisville), MS (Jones  County)

Mill Capacity: 25,000 ft/day 

Years of Operation: 1917-?

Miles Operated: 7 miles 1917

Locomotives Owned: 1 known




Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

The Anderson Lumber Company, composed of John and Richard Anderson, of Ellisville, MS (sons of the late sawmill owner, Isacc Anderson), purchased the mill site of the Perry-Fraser Lumber Company near Ellisville in September 1917. They built a sawmill on this site with a 25,000 feet per day cutting capacity.



















ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 






                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           



For more information contact Tony Howe at or David S. Price at